We recently had a discussion with Colin Cumming of Magi Films regarding the rising use by retailers of video technology and video platforms, particularly on-line use via social media and websites, which has grown at a rapid rate over the last few years.
Experts and industry insiders are predicting that nearly 80% of all internet traffic will be video content by 2019. This is due, in part, to the power of on-line providers such as the popular video publishing platform YouTube – which ranks four billion views a day, as well as exposure on the likes of Facebook and Twitter.
With video content on the rise, many businesses have started to exploit the potential it can have on their business. In today’s marketplace, there continues to be several ways to integrate video content into web design and make pages less static and more immersive.
In this blog we reveal in detail the benefits available to retailers from using this remarkable marketing tool . . . . . .
Branded video content is nothing more than videos being published under a brand’s name, as an on-line window into a business to engage users and provide value, and can range from promos to interviews to informative product films.
The benefits being received include:
- Statistically, businesses that utilise video, can grow company revenue 49% faster year-over-year than those without.
- Using video on your website increases dramatically the length of time which potential customers stay on your page and it has been shown that a videos on a business website landing page can increase conversions by 80%.
- Using video creates an effortless, personal connection with your website and social media channel users. In today’s’ on-line society you are competing with your visitors’ short attention span, busy schedules, and hundreds of other distractions. Video can help you overcoming your visitors’ resistance to engaging with your written content and so convert them to leads and buyers.
- Increase your customer satisfaction and reduce returns. You can demonstrate your product or service in use instead of telling users how it works. Consequently it is easier for your potential customers to visualise what you are selling and how it will benefit them. They then get better idea of exactly what they’re getting before making a purchase, which increases satisfaction and reduces returns. Some businesses have reduced their product returns rate by up to 60% to their on-line store through the use of video.
- With around 70% of the top 100 search results featuring video it is obvious that there are big SEO advantages to be gained. Google rewards sites using video with free traffic and streams of qualified visitors. These can turn into customers for you.
- An important benefit of video marketing is the expanded reach to customers it gives your business through free traffic sources like YouTube and Vimeo. It has also been shown that 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with friends and families.
- Your website visitors will remember or respond to video marketing considerably more than written content with statistics showing that four times as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
- When you feature yourself or your company employees in a website video, the trust factor that consumers have for your business is increased significantly.
As technology changes, and the ways and means in which we consume our news changes, the way in which we deliver that information also has to change.
That is why, the power and impact of video content should be, and has to be taken seriously into consideration. It’s no longer an option to contemplate utilising video content, it’s now becoming an essential.
The use of video technology by RMS within email marketing, website landing pages and Social media has made a very definite difference to the volume of enquires received.
RMS is a leading UK provider of OpSuite Cloud-Managed EPoS software with long experience of providing retail EPoS hardware systems across many sectors, from Arts & Craffts through Department stores to Universities and Colleges. Believing that every customer has a unique set of requirements, RMS takes steps to ensure each customer get what’s right for their individual needs.
Should you require further information on how Magi Films can help your business with cost effective video marketing, then don’t hesitate to contact them on 0141 884 1110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with Managing Director Colin Cumming.
Over the years, Magi Films have produced films for a multitude of businesses, ranging from large corporate companies to small independent businesses.